We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our site you agree to our use of cookies

Find out more about cookies >
Find out how to manage cookies >

Home International Students Immigration Protecting your Tier 4 status

Protecting your Tier 4 status

This section is for anyone who has, or who is applying for, Tier 4 leave. We say "Tier 4 leave" rather than "a Tier 4 visa" because your Tier 4 permission can be in the form of:

  • an entry clearance vignette/sticker, which you applied for in your home country; or
  • a residence permit vignette in your passport, or a Biometrics Residence permit (BRP) card, which you were issued in the UK.

Tier 4 leave is issued with some immigration conditions, which are normally printed (in an abbreviated form) on your vignette or BRP. There are also requirements and obligations related to the Immigration Rules, and related to your studies and your Tier 4 sponsor. This section explains all of these, plus some general good practice for protecting and maintaining your Tier 4 status.

90 People found this page helpful. Did you?