New to International
New to International is a web-based self-study package to help staff learn about key aspects of international work in the education sector. Its aim is to help new staff get up and running quickly and increase their effectiveness. By contributing to staff development it aims to improve standards of service and the quality of international work in UK education.
Who is it for?
It is for you if you are in your first 6-12 months in post, working in any part of the education sector, with an international component or specialism in your role including
- recruiting, supporting and advising international students
- supporting outward student mobility
- managing international partnerships
- transnational education
- staff mobility
If you don't have a specifically international component to your role, you may still find some modules of interest for an introduction to issues such as internationalisation or cultural awareness.
Benefits to new staff
- study flexibly at a time, place and pace to suit you
- a choice of modules according to what is relevant to your role
- each module can be covered in just a couple of hours, or learners can engage more deeply with activities and resources for additional value
- a useful supplement to in-house induction
Benefits to managers and institutions
- a cost effective way to bring staff up to speed quickly
- more flexible than waiting for the next face-to-face training event
- some activities can be done jointly with a wider group of staff to encourage team building and offer a staff development opportunity for more experienced staff
Developed with assistance from the Association of Colleges, AMOSSHE, British Council, BUILA, BUTEX, English UK, HEURO and UCAS.