This year for the first time the UKCISA annual conference will take place virtually during the week of 28th June 2021.
Bringing together UKCISA members, practitioners, policymakers and international students themselves, the conference will provide opportunities to share best practice, network and hear the latest policy developments.
Sessions will be live, pre-recorded and on demand. There will be plenary sessions with guest speakers and great networking opportunities.
Call for proposals – opening mid March
The virtual programme will feature a range of interactive sessions on the following themes:
- New beginnings – what are you doing new or differently as a result of the pandemic? What new practices will you start when face-to-face resumes?
- Student immigration
- Immigration compliance
- International student employability
- International student experience
- International student wellbeing
- Staff wellbeing
- Inclusive student communities
We are seeking proposals in a variety of formats, including:
- Interactive workshops (1 hour)
- Presentations (30 mins)
- Bite size info sessions (15 mins)
- Panel sessions (45 mins – 1 hour)
- Roundtable discussions (1 hour)
The conference will be delivered through an online platform built with Zoom and all presenters will be supported with this nearer the time. Some sessions will be pre-recorded and others will be live – pre-recorded sessions will be available on-demand or at set times throughout the conference programme.