I’m delighted to announce that our #WeAreInternational Student Ambassadors programme is now under way. It was a very competitive process, so huge congratulations to all those who have been selected for the programme.
UKCISA is leading the development of a new chapter for the award-winning #WeAreInternational campaign, broadening the campaign’s reach and celebrating international students from schools, colleges, universities and study abroad programmes.
Launched in November 2019 at UKCISA’s first International Student Forum, the #WeAreInternational Programme is an education policy and leadership development scheme for exceptional individuals from around the world currently studying and living in the UK.
Our vision is to empower international students to be key partners in shaping a quality student experience, using their knowledge of studying in the UK to influence policy and lead the #WeAreInternational campaign, so that together we can develop an inclusive global student community.
Our student ambassadors will be equipped with policy knowledge and leadership skills to lead change, and forge an exciting network of emerging global talents and future leaders.
I’m thrilled to introduce you to our first cohort of #WeAreInternational Student Ambassadors. These inspirational students have demonstrated great determination and drive to develop their own skills by representing their peers, and are passionate about ensuring that the lived experience of international students is understood by policymakers at national and institutional level. Please see the attached PDF to learn more about each of our dedicated ambassadors, listed below:
- Parvathy Ramesh, India - University of Glasgow (PGT)
- Michelle Jideofor, Botswana - University of Bristol (UG)
- Daniel Haid, Germany - Sheffield Hallam University (PhD)
- Anant Rangan, USA - University of Birmingham (UG)
- Khoa Nguyen, Vietnam - University of Leeds (PGT)
- Nebu George, India - Bangor University (PhD)
- Katie Crabtree, USA - Leeds Trinity University (PhD)
- Abdullah Umar Zulaidi, Brunei Darussalam - Newcastle University (UG)
- Adetoun Adebayo, Nigeria - University of Nottingham (UG)
- Yunyan Li, China - University of Bristol (PhD)
International students are at the heart of everything we do at UKCISA. I’m looking forward to learning from our student ambassadors to help UKCISA deliver its vision for a world-class international student experience. If you have any questions about the programme or are interested in working with our ambassadors, please contact WeAreInternational@ukcisa.org.uk.